Rehab First Inc. is a multidisciplinary rehabilitation assessment and treatment organization numbering approximately 100 professional staff. Disciplines include Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech-Language assessment and therapy, Social Worker counselling and case management, Rehabilitation Therapy, Nurse Case Management and Life Care Planning.
With experience, Occupational Therapists at Rehab First are assigned broad case responsibilities, which can range from initial assessments of need for auto injury clients, to complex workplace accommodations for clients referred by employers or disability insurers. Clients can be children, adolescents or adults who have serious injuries and illnesses such as brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation and other orthopaedic injuries, post-traumatic stress disorder and psycho-social conditions that act as barriers to recovery.
If you are a self-directed, experienced professional whose ideal role includes client assignment continuity, professional development support, and the opportunity to make meaningful improvements to clients’ quality of life in a collegial environment, Rehab First invites you to apply for this position.
- Develop treatment plans under Ontario’s Statutory Accident Benefit regulations (SAB’s)
- Discharge planning
- In-Home assessments
- Attendant care assessments
- On-site workplace and ergonomic assessments
- Return to work strategies and plans
- Complex injury management
- Assistive device recommendations
- A university degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Experience in a health care setting with preferred experience in the community is an asset but not required
- Clinical experience with head trauma and brain injury is an asset
- Superior communication, problem-solving, time management, computer and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Self motivated and demonstrated ability to manage a busy and varied caseload
- Completion of a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
All applicants must also have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel.
Rehab First Inc. provides competitive remuneration, including benefits and pension to those qualified. Visit the Rehab First Inc. website for company information. /
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please forward your resume with a cover letter to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.