Rehab First Inc. has a rich legacy of client centered assessment and treatment delivery; and is currently looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our team. Rehab First Inc. is a multidisciplinary rehabilitation treatment and assessment provider specializing in complex case management, counselling, rehabilitation and life care planning for those who have been injured in motor-vehicle collisions, suffered injury on the job or who have disabling health conditions. We are committed to helping clients rebuild their futures and reach their potential at home, work, school and in the community. Our clients are children, adolescents and adults who have serious injuries and illnesses such as brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation, multiple orthopaedic injuries, post-traumatic stress disorder, mental health issues and many other problematic injuries and conditions.
- Development of treatment plans under Ontario’s Statutory Accident Benefit regulations
- Performance of disability management assessments, treatments and Return to work services
- Discharge planning
- In Home assessments
- Attendant care assessments
- On-site workplace and ergonomic assessments
- Return to work strategies and plans
- Complex injury management
- Assistive device recommendation
- CDMP certification considered an asset
- A university degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Membership with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- A minimum of two (2) years experience as an Occupational Therapist
- Clinical Experience with head trauma and brain injury is a definite asset
- Superior interpersonal relations, communication, problem-solving, time management, computer and documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Willingness to travel
Rehab First provides competitive remuneration, including benefits, pension and paid mileage.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please forward
a resume with a cover letter indicating regional preference, if any,
Our recruiting priorities vary by discipline and region, and can change on short notice. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates chosen for interviews for current openings will be contacted.