Life Care Planner
Rehab First Inc. is a multidisciplinary rehabilitation assessment and treatment organization numbering approximately 100 professional staff. Disciplines include Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech-Language assessment and therapy, Social Worker Counselling and Case Management, Rehabilitation Therapy, and Nurse Case Management. The Life Care Planning and Future Care Cost Reporting practice is highly respected by the legal community, and it’s members are engaged for a wide variety of challenging referral assignments.
The work of a Life Care Planner at Rehab First can range from detailed schedules of care on a medical malpractice case to special needs estate reserving for a disabled beneficiary.
If you are a self-directed, certified Life Care Planning Professional whose ideal role includes client assignment continuity, professional development support, and the opportunity to make meaningful improvements to clients’ quality of life in a collegial environment, Rehab First invites you to apply for this position
- Completing life care plan assessments
- Advanced interviewing, assessment and report writing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as a strong mathematical aptitude
- Time management skills are required to schedule assessments and consultations, review and analyze the data, and to meet reporting deadlines
- Experience working with people who have acquired brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, orthopaedic injuries, amputations, chronic pain or other serious health problems
- Experience consulting with physicians and other health professionals
- Experience working with: personal injury lawyers, auto insurers, insurance or personal injury defence counsel or estate planners
A university degree is required and preference will be given to candidates who also have the following:
- Canadian Certified Life Care Planner (CCLCP) or Certified Life Care Planner (CLCP) designation, or working toward such designation is required
- Possession of at least one of the following designations: Registered Rehabilitation Professional, Certified Vocational Evaluator, Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counsellor, Occupational Therapist, Registered Nurse, Kinesiologist or other Regulated Health Professional designation
- Superior interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, assessment, time management, computer and report writing skills
- Completion of a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
All applicants must have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel to assess clients within their homes, places of employment and communities.
Rehab First provides competitive remuneration, including benefits and pension to those qualified. Visit the Rehab First website for company information.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please forward a resume with a cover letter to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.