Life Care Planner
Rehab First is one of Ontario`s largest multidisciplinary assessment and treatment organizations, numbering approximately 100 professional staff who are supported by the Psychologists and Physicians of our MEDNet® roster. Our values of sincerity, commitment and self-improvement inspire us to restore hope and function to clients whose lives have been affected by serious injury and illness. Our disciplines include Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Counselling, Professional Case Management, Rehabilitation Therapy, Life Care Planning and Future Care Cost Reporting.
Please refer to our Regional map for current opportunities.
- Advanced interviewing, assessment and report writing skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, and strong mathematical aptitude
- Time management skills as required to schedule assessments and consultations, review and analyze data, construct tables and exhibits and meet reporting deadlines
- Experience working with people who have acquired brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, orthopedic injuries, amputations, chronic pain or other serious health problems requiring future care, educational and occupational support and related accommodations
- Experience consulting with physicians and other health professionals preferred
- Experience working with personal injury lawyers, auto insurers, insurance or personal injury plaintiff and defence counsel or estate planners preferred
- Canadian Certified Life Care Planner (CCLCP) or Certified Life Care Planner (CLCP) designation, or willingness to work towards such designation
- Possession of at least one of the following designations: Registered Rehabilitation Professional, Certified Vocational Evaluator, Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counsellor, Occupational Therapist, Registered Nurse, Kinesiologist or other Regulated Health Professional designation
- Superior interpersonal, communication, analytical, problem-solving, assessment, time management, computer and report writing skills
- Completion of a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Rehab First offers
- Opportunity to work from home or an office (IT equipment provided)
- Flexible schedule
- Experienced, personable and accessible management for ongoing support and mentorship
- Administrative support
- Opportunities for career and clinical skill advancement (e.g. management positions, case management, professional development etc.)
- Diverse caseload with a mix of assessment and treatment
All applicants must also have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel.
If this opportunity appeals to you, please forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.