Hospital Discharge Professionals
Our Social Workers, Case Managers, Occupational Therapists, Speech-Language Pathologists and Physiotherapists make us the ideal discharge resource for hospital Social Workers, unit heads and discharge planners. We support hospital discharge professionals with transitional arrangements to the home to ensure continuity of care, and home and work accommodations where required, and excel at both the planning and transition management that are so vital to successful discharges and the reduced likelihood of re-admission.
We are also ideally placed in communities across Ontario to support primary care physicians’ assessment and treatment strategies for occupational and non-occupational injuries and to bill insurers directly for services such as:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Language Pathology
- Specialty Medical and Psychological assessments and treatments
Sole practitioners such as Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, and Registered Massage Therapists, also make referrals to us.
For full details of the services we make available to hospitals and community clinicians, or to consult us on specific cases, e-mail us at email@example.com, call us at 1-888-REHAB-90, or simply visit our FirstAssist™ page.
We have extensive experience collaborating with hospital discharge specialists, Social Workers, unit heads (e.g. trauma), patients’ families and funding sources on complex patient transitions.
Our objectives are safety, continuity of care, support for special needs and reduced risk of re-admissions. Our services include:
- The assignment of an experienced regulated health professional (e.g. RN, OT, PT, RSW) on every discharge referral
- Case management services, including pre- and post-discharge coordination of care and collaboration with treatment teams
- Sensitivity to the needs of all age groups
- Facilitation of any required continuing care or rehabilitation assessments and therapies, or home modifications
- Funding approvals and payments from insurers or other third parties
- Full access to our multi-disciplinary team, which in addition to the discharge specialist, includes Speech-Language Pathologists, Counselors, Vocational Rehabilitation specialists and Rehabilitation Therapists
Through First Assist,™ a Rehab First-exclusive rapid response discharge planning program, our professionals are available to expedite client care and rehabilitation services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call First Assist™ at 1-877-838-4599