Services and Fees
Our roster composition and supporting ancillary services have been consciously designed to satisfy a wide variety of specialized requirements. We list only a small sub-set of them below:
Independent medical exams and psychological exams/assessments and treatments for:
- Motor vehicle injuries
- Other injuries and health conditions
- Medical malpractice cases
- Occupational injuries (workers compensation, employers and employment lawyers)
- Special transportation or translation arrangements
- Treatments by a wide variety of professionals across a broad service area
A Special Note About Exams and Assessments
All referrals are expertly handled. The circumstances are different, the medical histories are different, the specific types of required expertise are different and the reporting requirements are different. Add to those variables the special arrangements that often have to be made when scheduling appointments and one can understand why we have developed elaborate protocols to ensure that every exam is performed to requirements the first time. All assessments and their reports are supported by Rehab First's quality assurance and communications protocols. Reports are reviewed for completeness, compliance with accepted standards of reporting, thoroughness of findings on the specific areas requiring examination, and the evidence cited to support those findings.
Objectivity, Integrity and Quality
We manage the entire assessment process, from the point we receive your referral to the delivery of the assessment report. We also attend to the many special arrangements that are often required to compile and transmit the sensitive medical documents required by our assessors prior to the commencement of their examination, and to facilitate special funding arrangements.
Because no two assessments are the same, and assessment requirements can vary widely, we make it a point to be there for the client and the client's referral agent every step of the way.
Our fees are determined in advance for each referral. Factors that determine fees include:
- The time and expense associated with special arrangements
- Compilation of documentation for providers and multi-party communications
- Quality assurance
- Time required to make funding applications on behalf of the client if in excess of the standard amounts allowed by third-party payers.
- Post-assessment consultations with Rehab First consultants or clients' representatives
- Regulated fee schedules such as those for WSIB or SABS cases