Rehab First is one of Ontario`s largest multidisciplinary assessment and treatment organizations, numbering approximately 100 professional staff who are supported by the Psychologists and Physicians of our MEDNet® roster. Our values of sincerity, commitment and self-improvement inspire us to restore hope and function to clients whose lives have been affected by serious injury and illness. Our disciplines include Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Counselling, Professional Case Management, Rehabilitation Therapy, Life Care Planning and Future Care Cost Reporting.
At Rehab First, Physiotherapists perform assessments and treatments on a wide variety of cases and are often assigned Case Lead responsibilities on the complex ones. This position is also an opportunity to work with the kidsFIRST™ which offers a full range of in-home and clinic-based services designed to treat children who have special needs.
Please refer to our Regional map for current opportunities.
- Deliver exceptional client centered assessments and treatments for a variety of injuries and conditions in community and clinical environments
- Development of OCF-18 plans under Ontario’s Statutory Accident Benefit regulations (SABs)
- Liaise with referral sources and funders to build relationships and ensure clients’ needs are met
- Maintain complete and accurate client records, assessment notes and required correspondence
- Provide education to clients and their families
- Collaborate with other Rehab First team members and service providers
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Physiotherapy
- Current registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Ideally have experience with a broad age demographic and occupational and non-occupational injuries
- Valid CPR certificate
- 1 – 5 years of experience in a health care setting or in the community
- Experience with Ontario’s Statutory Accident Benefit s (SABS) and ideally, WSIB POCs
- Superior communication, problem-solving, time management and documentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to manage a busy and varied caseload
- Experience working with children who have special needs in home and community settings in the areas of:
- Sensory Integration
- School readiness
- Fine motor skills
- Activities of daily living and self-care
- Completion of a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Rehab First offers
- Opportunity to work from home or an office (laptop and phone provided)
- Flexible schedule
- Experienced, personable and accessible management for ongoing support and mentorship
- Administrative support
- Opportunities for career and clinical skill advancement (e.g. management positions, case management, professional development etc.)
- Diverse caseload with a mix of assessment and treatment
All applicants must also have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel.
If this opportunity appeals to you, please forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.