Registered Nurse (Case Manager)
Rehab First Inc. has a rich legacy of client centered assessment and treatment delivery and is currently seeking an experienced Case Manager who is a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse.
Rehab First Inc. is a multidisciplinary rehabilitation treatment and assessment provider specializing in complex case management, counselling, rehabilitation and life care planning for those who have been injured in motor-vehicle collisions, suffered injury on the job or who have disabling health conditions. We are committed to helping clients rebuild their futures and reach their potential at home, work, school and in the community. Our clients are children, adolescents and adults who have serious injuries and illnesses such as brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation, multiple orthopaedic injuries, post-traumatic stress disorder, mental health issues and many other problematic injuries and conditions.
- Case Management, guided by the company’s Client Pathways ™ service model, which encompasses professional resources management, goal setting, team management, case budgeting and third party funding approvals
- Responsible for providing assessment, treatment, and consultation to clients who have acquired-injury or disability with the goal of maximizing their potential at home, work, school and in the community
- Involved in the co-ordination and evaluation of medical and rehabilitation treatment for clients
- Set and meet the client’s rehabilitation goals
- Involved in employment and vocational rehabilitation, maintaining ongoing collaboration with other medical and rehabilitation professionals and maintaining involvement with a client until all rehabilitation goals are satisfied
- Responsible for discharge planning, coordinating rehabilitation and health services, facilitating medical evaluations and home modifications
- Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario (COHN certification is an asset). Demonstrated knowledge of
best rehabilitation practices and case management principles
- Clinical experience with spinal cord injury and traumatic brain injury is preferred
- Superior interpersonal relations, communication, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with developing treatment plans in accordance with Ontario’s Statutory Accidents Benefits Schedule is an asset
- Experience adjudicating and managing sick leave plans for employer/employee organizations is considered
- Self motivated and demonstrated ability to manage a busy and varied caseload
- All applicants must also have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel
Rehab First Inc. provides competitive remuneration, including benefits and pension to those qualified. Visit the Rehab First Inc. website for company information.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please forward your resume with a cover letter to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.