Rehabilitation Support Worker
Rehab First is one of Ontario`s largest multidisciplinary assessment and treatment organizations, numbering approximately 100 professional staff who are supported by the Psychologists and Physicians who are members of our MEDNet® roster. Our values of sincerity, commitment and self-improvement inspire us to restore hope and function to clients whose lives have been affected by serious injury and illness. Our disciplines include Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Counselling, Professional Case Management, Rehabilitation Therapy, Life Care Planning and Future Care Cost Reporting.
Please refer to our Regional map for current opportunities.
- Development of OCF-18 plans under Ontario’s Statutory Accident Benefit regulations
- Development and implementation of home and community-based gym/exercise therapy programs
- Assistance with Functional Abilities Evaluations
- Work hardening and conditioning
- Cognitive Therapy
- Life Skills Training/Activities of Daily Living
- Job coaching
- Educational assistance
- Ergonomic assessments
- Physical demands assessments
- Social and Community reintegration
- Kinesiology degree
- Registration with the College of Kinesiologist of Ontario
- Previous experience creating and implementing physical exercise programs
- Experience with head trauma and brain injury
- Ability to work collaboratively as member of a multidisciplinary team
- Superior communication, problem-solving, time management and documentation skills
- Willing to travel to local gyms or client’s homes
- Completion of a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Rehab First offers
- Opportunity to work from home or an office (laptop and phone provided)
- Flexible schedule
- Experienced, personable and accessible management for ongoing support and mentorship
- Administrative support
- Opportunities for career and clinical skill advancement (e.g. management positions, case management, professional development etc.)
- Diverse case load with a mix of assessment and treatment
All applicants must also have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel.
If this opportunity appeals to you, please forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.