Speech Language Pathologist
Rehab First is one of Ontario`s largest multidisciplinary assessment and treatment organizations, numbering approximately 100 professional staff who are supported by the Psychologists and Physicians of our MEDNet® roster. Our values of sincerity, commitment and self-improvement inspire us to restore hope and function to clients whose lives have been affected by serious injury and illness. Our disciplines include Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Counselling, Professional Case Management, Rehabilitation Therapy, Life Care Planning and Future Care Cost Reporting.
Please refer to our Regional map for current opportunities.
- Assessments e.g. cognitive communication, reading comprehension, speech and swallowing
- Development of treatment plans under Ontario’s Statutory Accident Benefit regulations
- Community-based service delivery, often as one of several members of a multi-disciplinary team
- Return-to-work strategies and plans
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
- Superior communication, problem-solving, time-management and documentation skills
- Ideally 1-3 years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as member of a multidisciplinary team
- Clinical experience with head trauma and brain injury is an asset
- Self-motivated while managing a busy and varied caseload
- Clinical skills in evidence-based practice
- Completion of a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Rehab First offers
- Opportunity to work from home or office (laptop and phone provided)
- Flexible schedule
- Experienced, personable and accessible management for ongoing support and mentorship
- Administrative support
- Opportunities for career and clinical skill advancement (e.g. management positions, case management, professional development etc.)
- Diverse caseload with a mix of assessment and treatment
All applicants must also have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel.
If this opportunity appeals to you, please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.