Speech Language Pathologist
Rehab First Inc. is a multidisciplinary rehabilitation assessment and treatment organization numbering approximately 80 professional staff. Disciplines include Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech-Language assessment and therapy, Social Worker counselling and case management, Rehabilitation Therapy, Nurse Case Management and Life Care Planning.
With experience, Speech Language Pathologists at Rehab First are assigned broad case responsibilities, which can range from initial assessments of need for auto injury clients, to complex workplace accommodations for clients referred by employers or disability insurers. Clients can be children, adolescents or adults who have serious injuries and illnesses such as brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation and other orthopaedic injuries, post-traumatic stress disorder and psycho-social conditions that act as barriers to recovery.
If you are a self-directed, experienced professional whose ideal role includes client assignment continuity, professional development support, and the opportunity to make meaningful improvements to clients’ quality of life in a collegial environment, Rehab First invites you to apply for this position.
- Initial assessments including cognitive communication, reading comprehension, speech, swallowing, and voice
- Development of treatment plans under Ontario’s Statutory Accident Benefit regulations
- Community-based intervention
- Involvement in discharge planning
- Return to work strategies and plans
- A Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Current registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
- Superior communication, problem-solving, time-management, computer and documentation skills
- 1-3 years of practicing experience is ideal
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Clinical experience with head trauma and brain injury is an asset
- Self motivated and demonstrated ability to manage a busy and varied caseload
- Clinical skills in evidence-based practice
- Completion of a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
All applicants must have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel to assess clients within their homes, places of employment and communities.
Rehab First Inc. provides competitive remuneration, including benefits and pension to those qualified. Visit the Rehab First website for company information.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please forward your resume with a cover letter to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.