Catastrophic Injury Support
Whether we are engaged during the acute care phase, post-discharge or after settlement is reached with insurers, we know from experience that the needs of the seriously or catastrophically injured are ever-changing and complex. For that reason alone, we view case management as a dedicated professional practice. Rehab First's case managers coordinate all services in a way that ensures a client's assessed, emerging and potential needs are always being met in a timely way.
All of our Case Managers have recognized health credentials and many have more than 20 years of healthcare experience. They are tireless and passionate advocates for the needs of their clients and possess the many skills necessary for best practice.
At Rehab First, case management is governed by our Client Pathways™ service model. All of our case managers use our proprietary Client Pathways™ software system for case decision support and activity-tracking. Case Management services are available to individuals and their families on a self-pay basis, or as paid benefit under Ontario auto insurance law for catastrophically-injured persons. For claiming support, see our information sheet.
Our Client Pathways Service Model Includes:
- Hospital discharge planning
- Collaboration with clients’ families, primary care providers, insurers and legal representatives
- Case management team selection and direction
- Team consultation, action planning and issues resolution
- Coordination of all case activities
- Assessment and treatment planning
- Comprehensive documentation and reporting
- Case budgeting and expense tracking
- Facilitation of service funding
To view our current case manager complement, see our Case Managers page.
Case Management is just one of our comprehensive Catastrophic Injury support capabilities.
Situational Assessments are also one of our core serious injury and illness capabilities.