Counselling and Psychotherapy
What We Do
Our Social Workers and Psychotherapists serve the needs of individuals who are coping with the emotional fall-out of their own physical or cognitive challenges caused by accident or illness, and the needs of their families, by:
- promoting clients’ mental health by developing and enhancing:
- personal, relational, sexual, career, and spiritual well-being
- coping abilities in the midst of personal and family crisis
- personal awareness
- decision-making and problem-solving
- remediation or providing treatment for cognitive, behavioural, interpersonal, and emotional issues
- when needed, providing supervision and facilitating education, training, consultation, research, diagnosis and referral
Our overall aim is to compassionately support clients and families to work towards living more satisfying lives and improve their resourcefulness. Many of our services are available virtually via secure video-conferencing services. We will provide you with the support needed to initiate such sessions before your first session.
Come to us for
- Marriage and Family Counselling.
- Educational Counselling.
- Rehabilitation Counselling.
- Mental Health Counselling.
- Substance Abuse Counselling.
Our Services May be Covered by One or More Benefits Plans
Your extended health benefits plan or health spending account may include coverage for professional counselling. If your needs stem from a motor vehicle accident in which a family member was injured, you may also qualify for counselling benefits. Most insurers appreciate that entire family units are traumatized by serious accidents involving their loved ones. Affected individuals can open their own claims with the injured party’s insurer. The individual can be the children or spouse of the injured person, but could also be a friend, relative, girlfriend or boyfriend.
To initiate a claim, you must submit two documents to the insurer: Application for Accident Benefits (OCF-1); Disability Certificate (OCF-3). If your psychological or emotional state affects your ability to work, you may also qualify for an income replacement benefit, in which case you will also need to submit an Employer’s Confirmation Form (OCF-2). We can assist you with the completion of the forms, and once your file has been established with the insurer, prepare the actual claim for counselling services and submit it on your behalf. Once approved, we will also invoice the insurer as our services are provided to you.
For a confidential consultation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org