Rehabilitation Support Worker
Rehab First is one of Ontario`s largest multidisciplinary assessment and treatment organizations, numbering approximately 100 professional staff who are supported by the Psychologists and Physicians who are members of our MEDNet® roster. Our values of sincerity, commitment and self-improvement inspire us to restore hope and function to clients whose lives have been affected by serious injury and illness. Our disciplines include Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Counselling, Professional Case Management, Rehabilitation Therapy, Life Care Planning and Future Care Cost Reporting.
Please refer to our Regional map for current opportunities.
- Develop and implement rehabilitation support plans that are developed and implemented in collaboration with clients and regulated health professional(s).
- Report on medication intake and supply, client functioning related to personal care, housekeeping and other care giving duties, as well as behavioural and cognitive limitations
- Provide services in the home, community, social and work settings.
- Attend to client appointments and team meetings, as well as allocate time for treatment preparation, travel, reporting and administrative duties.
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Establish harmonious working relationships with clients, client families and friends, colleagues, and others in the community.
- University Degree or College diploma or specialized training in a behavioural, social services, communication disorders or therapeutic recreation field.
- Ideally have performed one of the following roles: OTA, PTA, Behavioural Therapist, Kinesiologist, Developmental Services Worker, Child and Youth Worker, Social Service Worker.
- Strong communication, problem-solving, time management, computer and documentation skills.
- Willing to travel to local gyms or client’s homes.
- Completion of a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
Rehab First offers
- Opportunity to work from home or an office
- Flexible schedule
- Experienced, personable and accessible management for ongoing support and mentorship
- Administrative support
- Opportunities for career and clinical skill advancement (e.g. management positions, case management, professional development etc.)
- Diverse case load with a mix of assessment and treatment
All applicants must also have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel.
If this opportunity appeals to you, please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.